Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Christmas, get here.

Monday, August 4, 2008

I am so, dang, sick of this heat. I will never be a Texan, no matter how long I'm stuck in this awful place. Sand, cactus, scorpions, and spiders the size of my fist. Its all a little over the top, don't you think? It was 105 yesterday. As in, degrees. 105 horrible hot skin burning degrees. And there is something about the Texas sun, that is very similar to a world dominating laser beam. It'll burn holes right through your skin, until you look like a piece of swiss cheese. That's not a joke, that's for real. And whats with this new breed of giant turbo charged Earwigs, that comes out of nowhere, with an ice pick sticking out of its ass? If its not one thing its another. I'm counting down the days until Winter. Until then, I'm staying inside with the AC cranked up, wearing scarves and sweat pants, pretending its mid November.

-"Christmas Muppets", by Vintageracer, $10.00. (Remember these?!)

9 comments:

kim* August 4, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

Yes California has been dry as well. My cat has gotten fleas from the heat and dandfuff oh and shedding , ew! I have been cleaning , vacuuming and combing him 24/7. The first thing I do is vacuum and comb him. Today he is going to get a bath at the pet shop. I HOPE THIS HELPS. The heat is not fun this summer. It isn't even THAT hot here either!

Liz August 4, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

lol, I couldnt stand the creepy crawlies, I have to get my mum to catch spiders in my bedroom for me still and theyre only tiny things! your very brave I guess im lucky i live in uk, Our weather is not all bad.

Ms. Jessie August 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

freaking bugs. You are so funny. I love reading what you have to say.

Scott Bulger Photography August 4, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

I'll happily trade you my 120" of snow in the winter for your 105 degree summer. Seal?

Stela August 5, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

I'm in Oklahoma where the heat is like a laser beam as well!
I love those christmas muppets! I had the same ones when I was very little. I miss them.

artprincipal August 5, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

i'm so sorry all you know is how much you hate it here in texas.........i've been here all my life and LOVE it........hang in there and thanks for bein' a military momma!!! LOVE your blog.

littlebird August 6, 2008 at 4:41 AM  

maybe you should watch "the muppets Christmas carol" just to really get in the mood he he

RedMarionette August 6, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

Oh those Muppets are awesome!!!

Thanks for all of the great comments on my blog! I am glad you enjoy the stuff! :)

Take care!

Post a Comment