Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

I'm a sucker for baby hats.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

My daughter Eleanore was born in the summer, in Texas no less, so she only had a couple of baby hats for her tiny newborn head. The one from the hospital, and one that we were given from a Woman's Resource Center when we found out we were pregnant. As winter got closer, we weren't in the habit of wearing hats, or headbands, or any other cute head-bound accessories (so when we'd put them on her, she'd take them off). We had a few, made by friends and family members, but she really didn't like to wear them. I'm not a hat person either really, mostly because they make my face look even more chubby than it already is, but on occasion I'll snuggle my head inside of one for winter survivals sake. Lately I'm under the impression that I'll be having a baby boy this December. A winter baby. A Christmas baby even. I haven't been able to control myself from browsing the pages of Etsy looking for adorable little mister hats for my Charlie to be. I've decided that this style is my absolute favorite...

"Funky Newborn Munchkins Hat CUSTOM ONE HAT YOUR CHOICE 2 colour striped with cord and tassle", by MadAboutColour, $28.

13 comments:

Ms. Jessie August 9, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

They look like something the Whos in Dr Suess would wear. SO CUTE!!!

Tia Colleen August 9, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

I know, right?? New baby *needs* one.

Shell Mitchell August 9, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

LOVE those hats! New baby definitely needs one:)

Cherry Lane Jane August 9, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

those are adorable! I bet he will look great in those. Plus a Christmas baby wearing an elf hat just ROCKS!

Melody August 9, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

I LOVE those hats! Those are just about the cutest ones I have ever seen :) My son was a winter baby.. supposed to be a Christmas baby but he showed up early! I couldn't have gotten by without hats for him! lol

Lisa Brawner August 10, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

now those are just adorable !!!!!!!!!!!!

T.Allen August 10, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

I agree he needs one. Will you name him Charlie or is that just his temporary name?

Tia Colleen August 10, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

I think our hearts are pretty set on the name Charlie, as a permanent name. We haven't come accross another name that makes us say "awww" yet :)

Victoria August 10, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Those hats are so cool, I want to wear one!

BeckyKay August 11, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

That is soooo stinkin' cute!!! Definitely Dr. Seuss-like!

Art Kitten August 11, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

Those are so cute!!! You are making me want to be pregnant again with these hats!

Johanna August 13, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

Those hats are so cute! Your little guy will look fantastic in one.

Oh, the fun things we can do to little people!

(PS My daughter Kaya is a December baby, she'll be 2 this year on the 4th.)

Post a Comment