Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A possible change of heart.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Uh oh. Its getting to that point in my pregnancy, where I have to have my 10th meal in the middle of the night. I woke up around 4:30 for the usual reasons, but couldn't get back to sleep because of the burning and grumblings in my stomach. I waited as long as I could before nudging Christopher and saying in my cutest voice "rice checkies?", which I'm sure is the opposite of what he was hoping to hear. Being the good husband that he is, he went downstairs and got a bowl for me, and then sat up with me while I rambled on and on about wanting to find out the sex of the baby after all. We had been planning on waiting until that moment on the operating table when they hold the baby up over the blue curtain and announce "Its a _____!", but I really don't think I have the patience. Our next ultrasound is in about a month. Do you think I'll give in?

-"Felted Booties - Newborn Elf ", by valeriesgallery, $20.00.

16 comments:

Valerie September 17, 2008 at 5:56 AM  

Thanks for the feature, Tia! And I have 4 children and never knew the sex till the moment they were born. For me, that was one of the most exciting moments of giving birth.

Anonymous,  September 17, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

Well, the good news is, whether it's a boy or a girl they can definitely wear those freekin' adorable little elf shoelets! Congrats!

Auntie Dis September 17, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

If those are the cutest booties EVAR! Almost makes me want to have another one...wait a second..momentary lapse of reason....

You won't give in, you're strong!;)

Beth September 17, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

The booties are so cute! I love that they have little bells on them.

kim* September 17, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

yes eat eat eat make that baby grow!

Hyla September 17, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Ya, you will change your mind! If you dont, you might not get another chance to find out until the precious baby is here!
~Hyla
http://earthyfinds.blogspot.com

jessicajane September 17, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

it'll be like christmas morning if you dont find out. And you wont be dissapointed either way.

w September 17, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

do it! give in!

and those nudges at night... wonderful husband you have. :)

Impossible Alice September 17, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

Ooooh, congrats on the impending new life in your life! How exciting! I work as a nanny and the family I work for just had a lil bub a couple of weeks ago - babies are the best! And you'll probably change your mind a million more times before your next ultrasound - but I don't think you'll regret it either way, if you find out or not, so don't worry!

Kari September 17, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

Those booties are way too cute!

I have two kids, we found out the sex with second one and didn't with the first. Both ways was great, so whatever you choose will still be fun! Good luck!

Unknown September 17, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Cute shoes, great blog. I have Celiac Disease and understand (not to your magnitude) about food and eating out. It is a bummer. Saving this blog as a favorite!

Giftbearer September 18, 2008 at 12:52 AM  

I love those slippers! Too bad she doesn't have them in adult sizes because I would definitely buy some!

Congratulation on your upcoming baby too!

Aroma Fields September 18, 2008 at 2:59 AM  

The little shoes are adorable! Hang in there and wait for the big surprise :-)

Unknown September 18, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

wait. something about the table where you'll give birth being referred to as an "operating table" disturbed me, lol!! :-)

Tia Colleen September 21, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Hahaha, fly tie, I'm having a repeat c-section. So it WILL be an operating table, lol. I could have made that more clear I guess, sorry!

Post a Comment