Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Not a wink of sleep.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

OK. That's it. I'm ready for this baby to get here. I'm just getting so tired of waking up at 1am every morning with awful contractions, and then spending the next couple of hours doing everything I can do to get them to stop (drinking water, walking in the cool air, laying on my left side, taking my anti contraction pills). I'm exhausted, and oh so irritated. Mostly at my husband, who I know is just trying to help, but is driving me absolutely crazy. No honey, I do not need to go to the hospital... yes, I just had another contraction... no, I'm fine please stop touching my rock hard stomach... yes, it hurts... no Christopher, I really don't need to go right now, I'll tell you when I do... no I'm not lying... no, I'm not lying about not lying. Suddenly my blog that I was trying extra hard not to consume with baby, has been completely engulfed. Baby shower this, labor that. Much like my every day life. All crafts and chores have come to a complete stop, and everything revolves around me laying on the couch, shoveling cookies into my mouth in hopes of putting an extra pound on my little mister before his arrival. OK, plus I really like eating cookies. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and we still don't have a clue as to whats on the menu. Which means we haven't done our shopping. You know what that leads to? Chaos at the grocery store at the very worst possible time to shop. Will the madness ever end??

-"The New Baby - A3 Art Print", by Sascalia, $25.00.

10 comments:

Megan November 26, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Aww, Tia. I hope Charlie comes soon and YOU feel better soon.

PS
Thank you for reminding me that it's the day before Thanksgiving and not to go to the grocery store.

Kim Caro November 26, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

now that is adorable tia. cant wait for baby charlie to arrive.

Start To Finish Supplies November 26, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time sleeping. I was laughing at all of your husbands questions. He has no clue but is trying so hard. Too cute!

Maggie November 26, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

We have always travelled on Thanksgiving, but one year we found ourselves suddenly eating at home because one of the kids was sick. We had a good day and dinner was whatever we could forage in the kitchen.

I suggest you do the same, eat whatever you have on hand and don't fight the store crowds just trying for something traditional.

Ms. Jessie November 26, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

I have this urge to be there to help out in anyway or do something that can help you from here. I feel anxiety with the wait of Charlies coming and oh so nervous when I read what you blog and how you are doing. I love you!! take care of your self and that baby.

Unknown November 27, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

dang..i wish you the best. i can only imagine the frustration (though i'm occasionally known to experience something that must be similar every few months or so. :-/)

and my guy would be the same way your husband is. loving, caring, just wanting to help, but driving me up the wall all the same.

on another note, that picture makes me happy.

Bumpkin Hill November 27, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

I just found your blog, it must be so tiring. I hope sweet bubs comes along soon for you, Catherine x

Zu-Li Designs November 27, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

Hang in there Tia! Don't try to do too much!

Hobocamp Crafts November 29, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

Are you lying about lying? Always my favorite question! Looks Like I need a little bit of what you & Charlie have- cause Hazel is totally content staying in my womb- till oh 18!

I hope you're hanging in there and taking it easy ( when you can)- Who knows maybe our due dates will meet in the middle somehow~ :)

BeckyKay December 4, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

Ooooh! You poor thing! I feel bad for not keeping up with your blog better!

I hope everything works out! Do they really think you'll make it until the 26th??!!

Post a Comment