Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Twilight.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

OK. I know what you're thinking. Half of you are thinking "its about time!", and the other half of you are thinking "....Tia, please say it isn't so".

I feared the Twilight-obsessed, like most of you probably have at one time or another. I first heard about the books one night while I was at my last job. I don't think I was even paying attention to the girl that was talking about them. I just responded "oh that sounds cool", when really I was pulling it in one ear and pushing it out the other. Another Harry Potter, I thought to myself. I heard about it a few more times, and picked up on both facts that it was about Vampires and romance. Two things I liked, but for some reason was embarrassed to admit. I guess because its hip to like Vampires. And I hate to be hip. Or, I hate to admit that I like to be hip? Because I am. Hip? That word has completely lost its meaning now that I've typed it 4 times, by the way. Does that ever happen to you? Anyways, so we got my mom the book for Christmas, and I asked her if I could read it when she finished, knowing she'd probably never read it, but satisfied at my attempt to give in to my hidden lust for this annoying series that I was trying so hard to avoid. And then out of nowhere, one morning I came down the stairs, and there it was, sitting next to the computer on the desk. Christopher had bought it for me. Well, I still couldn't read it, because I didn't have any reading glasses. Take that, Mr. Herman. You can only guess that he bought me reading glasses a few weeks later. Nice try, but I've got kids to take care of, and... dishes to do. The book and glasses slowly made their way from the desk, to the couch. They sat there for awhile. Next thing I know, they were on the end table, which is really a bar stool usually covered with a magazine and a water glass. And then somehow, the thick rimmed black glasses were on my face and the book was stuck to my fingers, about 6 inches from my eyes. Crap.

You can only guess what the outcome is...

7 comments:

muffintopdesigns March 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

sh*t. does this mean that i'm going to become addicted too? i was just checking out the book on the internet... sigh. damn you, christopher!!!!!!

xoxoox

p.s. the glasses look AMAZING. so shut up and wear them!

Needs Coffee To Live March 22, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

I love your glasses!!!....I HATED Twilight though...which was a huge disapointment because I love vampires....just not those vampires apparently.

Anonymous,  March 23, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

vampires are hot. I prefer Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse books. I did read the twilight books they are what I call book crack not very good for you but highly addictive.good luck. The surly mermaid

Rebecca March 23, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

I so didn't want to be a part of this craze... So badly that when I could deny it no more, I put on my largest trench coat, a wig, and big sunglasses and went to the local Supermarket to pick myself up a copy amidst a basket full o' groceries.

And then I was hooked. And the trenchcoat and the wig and the glasses came out three more times so that I could finish the series...

And now, I'm a card carrying club member of team jacob.

OWN IT.

BeckyKay March 23, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

Ah, Tia! I knew I liked you for a reason!! :)

Oh Mandie March 24, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

hahahaha Welcome to the world of the Twilight obsessed :) (not that I would know anything about that... no, not me!!... Shhhhh!)

Unknown March 24, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

everyone was raving about this in one of my night classes a few weeks ago, and i'd never heard of it. well, not the books. i'm usually out of the loop, though.

but i did say i was gonna check it out.

Post a Comment