Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

My 30 Day Shred, day 17

Monday, June 29, 2009


I haven't stepped on the scale in a few days, and its been the best possible thing for me. Instead I've been focusing on getting stronger. When I started this Shred 17 days ago, I could barely do a girlie push up. The thought of doing a real push up was a laugh. At the same time, knowing that I couldn't do a single push up made me sick to my stomach. Really? I can't even do one? My husband can do like 60, and I can't even lift myself up off the ground for the count of one? So I worked at it. I grunted and groaned, I bitched and I moaned. I got down on the floor at least 10 times a day and worked on it. I went from doing 1 girlie push up and crying about it, to doing 10. And then I did 10 more. And then one day, I went for it. I got into push up position, lowered myself down, and then pushed myself back up. The rush of adrenaline was enough to swell my head for the remainder of the day. And now, 17 days after not being able to do a single girlie push up, I can do five, count them, 1 2 3 4 5, real push ups in a row.


I did day 17 of the Shred today while the babies napped (I hear the youngest waking up in his pack n play behind me). Since my last fitness post, I realized how lazy I've been when it comes to playing by the rules. I decided to stop cheating, and just do the dang planks. I started doing them yesterday, thinking I wouldn't get through a single move, but to my surprise, I did all of them. So today there was no backing down from yesterdays accomplishment. I had to pull my weight through the planks again. When I really push myself, the sweat starts rolling during the first circuit. I never sweat that early on in the game during level 1.


This morning while I was putting away laundry, I noticed a pair of sweat pants up in the closet that have been sitting there folded and unworn in way too long. Why? Because they were tight and you could see my underwear lines and unpleasant bumps and lumps through them, all too well. I wondered how they'd fit me now? This could go one of two ways. I could try them on, and they wouldn't fit. That's the one of two ways that would ruin my day completely, and possibly send me into a burn-all-the-sweats-in-the-world type frenzy. Or, it could go the other way. I could try them on, and they might fit? And then maybe I'd have another pair of sweats to add to my super sexy mom wardrobe?


Guess who's got a new addition to the mom wardrobe.


And, I can do 5 push ups.


9 comments:

Unknown June 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Damn, girl... I was so distracted by your boobs that I barely saw your muscles. They are fabulous.

I'll go back and read your blog now.

That is all.

Tia Colleen June 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

HAHAH! Dangit Jenny, you just made me spit out my chocolate cereal with lol'ing-ness.

I put the rest of me in black and white to try and ease everyone into the picture! ...Christopher said the same thing.

Alyssa S. June 29, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Wow, I am so never messing with you! Look at those guns. Sadly, I'm really strong and have great muscles...under the flab.

Amy June 29, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

I have to admit to being a bit entranced by your boobs too... then I started wondering what the tat on your forearm says. I was going to show the pic to husband and ask him what he thought of all your ink, but figured he be like, "Tattoos? What tattoos? She's got nice boobs though."

jessicajane June 29, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

LOL. who needs to work out when you have nice boobs?

Tia Colleen June 29, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

AlyGatr- Oooh does that mean I look tough?! Haha

Amy- Dangit, haha. I was totally trying to show off my new arm muscle, and all everyone sees are my boobs. I'm used to them, and them getting in the way of everything, but I guess other people aren't, haha. Oh, and the writing on my arm is of mine and my husbands wedding vows. We had it done for our 1st anniversary.

Jessica- Dangit!

Mrs. West June 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Are you doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred? I'm doing it too! ... among other things. I've lost about 25lbs in 19 weeks. :)

Esmeralda Bohemian June 29, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

okay, so you've inspired me. I got on Amazon today and ordered myself a copy of The Shred.

Thanks for the motivation I needed!

Chubby Stubby Kay July 2, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Wooooo, Girl! Look at that muscle!

You are doing great! The 30 Day Shred is brutal, LoL. I am only on week one and half the time, I cry during my workouts.

Hoping to see some results from this DVD like you have. 5 pushups?!? I could never dream of doing that many, LoL.

Keep it up! :)

Post a Comment