Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Week 21

Friday, December 18, 2009


This picture means so much to me. It was taken when I was around 8 months old, on my very first Christmas. 1984. So many little things from this photo stand out in my mind. The cabinet behind us, I remember it well. The photo hanging on the wall in the other room, I could almost touch it in my memories, that's how real it is. And of course, the love that my dad and I share.


I've set this photo in the tree like an ornament, and every time I walk past it my eyes fill with tears of Christmas joy.

I can't wait to spend this Christmas with my dad. In just one week, he'll be holding my babies the exact same way that he held me.

-----------------------------
Do you have a flashback to share? Add your link to the list below, and let the fun begin! Flickr, Blogger, Facebook, LiveJournal- whatever you've got. Make sure to put the link to this post somewhere in your post, so our weekly trip down memory lane can grow more and more...

15 comments:

Devon December 18, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

This is really sweet! :)

Giggly December 18, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

This is a really sweet post Tia. :) Love this pic too! I love that you set it in the tree like an ornament. XOXOX

This Little Bird December 18, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Cute photo Tia... I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas with your parents and grandparents!

Merry Christmas!

Unknown December 18, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

It's too early in the morning for trying to make us cry...very sweet post. ;0)

Alyssa S. December 18, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

I'm so happy that your Daddy is one his way to spend Christmas with you...and your babies (including the one in the oven!). I hope he has fun soaking in all the love :)

Unknown December 18, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Awwww! That is so seriously sweet!! I bet you are super excited to see your family... and have your family get a chance to see your babies!

Maggie December 18, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

That is so sweet! Hey that picture looks like you were a little redheaded baby.

Oh Mandie December 18, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Beautiful! I get that way too, seeing my dad with my boys :)

soul_searching_mama December 18, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

I'm really close to my dad too, so I know what this picture means to you. :) Very sweet - thanks for sharing! :)

iampalegreen December 18, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

I LOVE it! Especially your dad's facial hair and Cosby sweater - so 80s, it rocks!! :)

Esmeralda Bohemian December 18, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

so very sweet, daddies are so very special to us girls :)

Crafty Mama December 18, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

That is such a sweet flashback!

Amanda Conger December 20, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

So sweet! You'll have to make sure to get some matching pics of your dad with your kids. : )

The Girl Made From Color December 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

I love the picture! It looks great. Right now I keep thinking about how I need to invest in a scanner so I can do flash backs about more than what is just on my computer.

It's also great that you made an ornament with this picture!

Post a Comment