Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Week 23

Friday, January 8, 2010


In attempts to clean up the awful mess of a photo box that my computer has become, the other day I was going through old folders, deleting duplicates and bad shots, and oooh'ing and awwww'ing over all of Eleanore's old baby pictures that I forgot we had. Out of sight out of mind, you know? I really need to have them printed out and put on display...


This picture in particular stood out to me. Eleanore was about 9 months old, playing on the floor in our bedroom, when she discovered the headband wearing little girl in the mirror. We had bought this mirror a few days before at our favorite flea market style antique shop downtown, but hadn't yet hung it up. We tend to buy things like that, and then they lay around taking up space in the most inconvenient of places until it either gets broken or I put "hang up _________" on a to do list and somebody finally does it. That kind of works with everything in our house though, actually. If its not on a to do list, it will never get done. We've still got moving boxes full of assorted who-knows-what that will never get put into a place, ever.

Anyways, I so easily forget about the beautiful developmental moments that I watched Eleanore experience as a baby. Just yesterday she was turning off her own night light, helping her brother drink from his sippy, giving me one of her pony friends to make me feel better while I cried watching "A Little Princess". Shes so grown up now. It melts my heart, in the best of ways, to look back and remember the early days.

------------------------------------------
Join us in the Flashback Friday fun! Don't have a blog? That's OK, post a photo and blurb on your Facebook, on your Myspace, as a TwitPic... whatever you've got. Dig into your archives and pull out a dusty memory. Make sure to add your link to the list below, as well as putting our link on your post. Happy Flashback'ing!

15 comments:

Devon January 8, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

What an adorable picture! :)

This Little Bird January 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

So so cute... do Charlie and her ever look alike as babies... it will be so interesting to see how Charlie develops into his own little handsome boy.

(disorder) January 8, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

That is a gorgeous photo !

Maura January 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

I see this in your flickr before I came to the blog and I thought it was Charlie! Wow, they look so much alike! What cuties!

Oh Mandie January 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Oh my goodness, she and Charlie look so much alike, before I started reading thats who I thought it was in the picture :)

You and that husband of yours certainly make some beautiful babies Tia!

Unknown January 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Awwwww! I love it. that is the cutest picture EVER

Lisa Page Rosenberg January 8, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

That tiny cupcake sure could rock a headband.

Mommy Elephant Sarah January 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

That's the cutest picture! I remember right before Thanksgiving I was in a dressing room with Max trying on a dress for Thanksgiving. Oh my was it fun to see Max so excited over the baby in the mirror! He started giggling, and trying to touch the baby! Awww they are so cute that little! ...ok always!! :)

Christina January 8, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

Great picture! :D

I recently was supposed to be doing the same - going through the computer files to delete things, and instead I got lost in looking at Kavi's baby pictures!! I still need to do the job of deleting unneeded pictures.

Alyssa S. January 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

I think the most fun I've had with both kids was playing around a mirror. Nothings more fun than seeing them discover who that little person looking at them is :) Funny, I never thought she and Charlie looked that much alike until I saw that picture.

Giggly January 8, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

What an adorable pic! I love stumbling upon treasures like that. :)

Fallon January 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

How cute! Her and Charlie have those same cheeks!

Amanda Conger January 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

That is such a great capture!

Post a Comment