Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Week 26

Friday, January 29, 2010



In the 8th grade, me and two of my friends went to a radio station concert, with my dad. I'm trying really hard to remember who it was exactly that we wanted to see preform, because everybody that played that night was just awful, but... I'm drawing a blank.

What I remember most from our trip to the Rose Garden, is the drive there. We all dressed up in "I'm a rebel, really" outfits, try not to be jealous of my thumb ring, and sat beside each other in the backseat of my Dad's boat sized Cadillac. Before the show started, we ran through the fountain and entered radio station contests, we got big giant drinks in overpriced cups, and then once the concert started, we screamed like girls and eventually forced my dad out onto the balcony where he was probably respectfully losing his mind with an entire pack of cigarettes.

Gosh, its really bothering me, who was it that we wanted so badly to see? I know Hanson wasn't there.

Oh wait- that's right. Jordan Knight, from New Kids on the Block?

So dreamy. *sigh*

All of those shirts that we're wearing in the pictures by the way, are mine, haha. My friend Nichole, with the short hair, is wearing my BUSH shirt. Syd, the blond, was wearing what can only be described as my "stoner" shirt, even though I'm allergic to anything (and everything) that could get me even remotely high (I don't know what I was thinking, I don't know where that shirt even came from), and I was wearing my Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt. I think we all had chokers on, and thumb rings (like I mentioned earlier). Clearly, we- were- awesome.

Flashback Friday Button


**********************************


Want to play along? You're more than welcome to post any concert related picture that you might have buried in your vault, but if you don't have one, any picture from your past will do. You can post it on your blog, facebook, twitpic, myspace- whatever works for you. And yay guess what I finally got around to making... a Flashback Friday button (maybe its more exciting for me than it is for you?)! Copy the html code into the bottom of your post, and voila- an easy way for people to click back to this blog post and play along! You can grab the button down at the vvvveeeerrrryyyy bottom of the page, below all of my blog entries. Or you can just type out a text link like we have in the past, whichever works for you.

Next weeks theme, which is totally optional, is going to be class portraits. It could be a group shot, a yearbook style shot, a picture taken of you while working on a project- whatever. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

19 comments:

Devon January 29, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

haha... your outfits remind me of... me!

Unknown January 29, 2010 at 7:18 AM  

Love the shirt! Are you sure you didn't grow up in KY? You look just like one of my good friends growing up in this pic. She was a rebel too! ;0)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations January 29, 2010 at 7:34 AM  

LOL, that cracks me up! Love how you all matched with the chokers. NKOTB's Jordan Knight....hehehehe.

CraftGirlAlli January 29, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

haha...oh boy oh boy oh boy! Thanks for sharing! Don't you just love those kind of fun, yet embarrassing moments from your past! You look back on them and think...wth was I thinking? I can't wait to get home and post mine!

Oh Mandie January 29, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

Oh my goodness ... Did he still have the Right Stuff?

Brandy L January 29, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

LOL that was one of my first concerts too as a kid! Ah i remember we had nose bleed seats but we didn't care, we were at NKOTB!

Fallon January 29, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

Man you gotta love cameras. Seriously... You girls looked awesome :) Don't know if I dig the shirts, chockers or those thumb rings more.

jonahbonah January 29, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

That was just about the best post I've seen in a LONG time! I love the thumb rings and chokers and tie-dyed tees, oh my!

You liked Jordan Knight too? I think we were about the only ones who didn't like Joey or Danny!

melissa

Christina January 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Hehe!! I can so much relate to your post!! The clothes, style, etc. I thought I was cool too.

I wish I had these kind of pics available to post this week. I am going to try to make sure I have a school photo for next week!

April January 29, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

You HAD to have been the coolest gals there!

soul_searching_mama January 29, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

LOVE the BUSH t-shirt. Awesome! :D Looks like you guys had fun though. I do like that you guys were going to go see Jordan Knight in your "rebel" outfits. lol

Esmeralda Bohemian January 29, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

Wow, flashback friday has really taken off! Good for you! I'd do it but...I'm anonymous on my blog so it doesn't really work out. I love yours though!

Alita January 29, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Clearly, you were awesome! lol... yeah I think I did the choker look when I was about 12? Hmmmm... yeah I was definitely bad ass. ha!

Casey January 29, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

Tia, don't be embarrassed.
My aunt took my brother & I to see....
*wait for it*......

Milli Vanilli.
lol

Lauren January 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Chili Peppers still rule, you're in the clear. :)

Alyssa S. January 29, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

What a fun memory. My parents refused to let me go to concerts until I was a senior in high school. My brother took me to see Metallica. I remember my ears ringing for 3 days...and I'm sure I was dressed more for a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert (which happened to be my SECOND concert ever, that same year...only my parents never knew I went).

OMG...NKOTB...I always hated them...especially Jordan...sorry :P

Christina January 29, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Hi again Tia! I wanted to reply to your comments on my blog and wasn't sure where to do it, but I know you will see it here! :P
Aww thanks, you are sweet! Yeah I should go to a place where I could scan! We don't have kinkos but I'm sure somewhere office-y must have some for use! Btw, you asked not long ago if we are planning for a 2nd child. Not yet, we aren't sure when or anything! :)

Devon January 30, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

I saw this and thought you might be interested... it's a giveaway for gluten-free items!

http://www.leslielovesveggies.net/2010/01/mixes-from-heartland-enormous-prize.html

lollywood February 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

lol i also love that you guys look so tough and rebellious going to see jordan knight! i was the same way, though, with hanson.

Post a Comment