Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Blog Awards

Friday, April 16, 2010

Recently I've been given some lovely blog awards- the kind that painted a large toothy smile on my face until a toddler came along and smeared my mouth with an unknown sticky substance (no really, I think it might have been some kind of fruit thing, which I'm totally allergic to, so my rushing to the sink was probably a smart move, and quite possibly saved my life).

The first award that I need to mention, is this Beautiful Blogger award, presented to me by the always enjoyable Chana, over at Mamma Town.

In order to take this award under my wing, I have to share 10 random things about myself, and then turn around and release my catch to 3 other blogs that I find to be beautiful. Ok, ten things...

1. Sometimes I rub circles on my leg with the palm of my hand while I'm drinking a glass of water.

2. I really like strawberries dipped in chocolate.

3. I think in blog-speak. After something amazing happens, I repeat it to myself in the same sort of sentence that I would use to describe it to somebody else.

4. I haven't bought new underwear in over two years. I'm a size 12-ish, pregnant with my third child, and still wearing stretched out size 16 panties that I've had since I worked at Lane Bryant.

5. Last night I had a Twilight themed dream. I was Bella (gross), and Christopher was Edward (again, gross). It was foggy, and seemed to be October. Vampires were chasing me, almost biting my neck (funny how I have cherries tattooed right where a vampire would bite, huh?), and eventually I used my super power you-can't-get-me bubble to protect myself, even though I was still human.

6. I wish I had a bird bath. That will be my ultimate garage sale find this season should I come across one.

7. I changed 3 poopy diapers today, all handed to me by the same child, within 3 hours of each other.

8. I'm wearing my husbands shirt right now, because nothing fits over my belly.

9. My hair color had faded horribly. Its still red, but... not nearly as red as it was, or as red as I wish it was. We've recently cut costs, in order to afford The Bob, and I could never go to the salon and spend another 50 some odd dollars in having it re done. Someday soon I'll make my way towards the local Sally's and hope something jumps off the shelf and matches itself to the color that used to be. Until then, I suffer.

10. I've never had ice cream cake.

Now, to blow my kisses at 3 other beautiful bloggers...

-Oh So Retro
-Ramblings About My Life
-The Good Life


The cute and talented Nicole over at Mrs. Muffins awarded me this cozy Hug Award, which I'll gladly accept with open arms (get it, as in, a hug? ...har har). In order to set this award up on my shelf with the others (all two of them), I'm supposed to share a story about a memorable hug I've had.

The hug that comes to mind almost immediately, and probably because I just read Mrs. Muffins hug story, is the hug that Christopher and I shared when I found him in the crowd at his basic training graduation in San Antonio, back in June of 2006 (which I'll be writing more about soon, as his 4 year enlistment mile marker approaches). I had just traveled all the way across the country, while 6 months pregnant with our first, traveling with his mother (love ya Noni), in temperatures that I thought surely no human could survive for longer than 5 minutes at a time- but as soon as the recruits were done marching around together singing silly patriotic songs about this and that flying high into the sky, off I ran to find him, and then there he was, and then hug we did.

Now, I need to hug at least one other blogger, maybe more. Who could it be now (who could it be now?)?

How about... Vintage Melissa? I kinda of feel like she could use a hug.

Oh, and Conversations With Nana, because shes Christopher's grandma, and shes been blogging about her life in an amazing way that I can't seem to get enough of.

Ok ok, and, and.... Melissa over at Overwhelmed By His Blessings. For sure. I'd hug her in real life if I could.

So thats that. My passing on of the blog awards. Thank you, lovely ladies that awarded them to me, and your welcome, lovely ladies that I've in return awarded them to.

Have a great weekend, friends!

7 comments:

Lacey April 17, 2010 at 12:09 AM  

Congrats on your award! I'm new to your blog but it didn't take me long to see that your blog is definitely award-worthy.

...and big congrats to my good friend Courtney over at The Good Life who just got 'blog kissed'!! She most certainly has something special going on in her neck of the woods as well. Blog shout outs are always so kind.

So here's to you Tia, for being a great neighbor in this blog community we all love - cheers!

beka April 17, 2010 at 12:54 AM  

Very nice post. Love the random things. :)
Love your new header! Beautiful:) Oh, and the profile picture/collage of all of you. Adorable!

rite April 17, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

Mrs. Muffins is currently designing two layouts for me... i adore her!!!!

They call me mommy... April 17, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

Congrats on your awards Tia! We all know you totally deserve them (and more, if I knew how all that award stuff worked I would give you the "Made my Day Award" because you usually do! lol) Love your new header and pics of the family!

Brandi April 17, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

i had to LOL at your #3 random things about yourself!

love your new header and family photos!

congrats on the awards..

CourtneyKeb April 17, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

You're so awesome, and I'm so flattered.

I send you a million blog hugs and kisses, because I just think you're so great.

<3Thank you Tia!

Goodnight moon April 17, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

Happy Award Day!

I'm always living in my husbands clothes. I even wear his underwear when I've run out of mine. His stuff is so cozy!

I have a FREE giveaway on my blog. Come by and check it out. It's a piece of Le Creuset...need I say more?!?

Post a Comment